- Swiss roll
- nounthin sheet of sponge cake spread with jelly and then rolled up to make a cylindrical cake• Syn: ↑jellyroll• Hypernyms: ↑sponge cake
* * *nounUsage: usually capitalized S
* * *Swiss roll noun1. A thin cake of sponge rolled up with jam, cream, etc2. A flexible floating pier• • •Main Entry: ↑Swiss
* * *a cake made by rolling a thin flat cake with a sweet substance such as jam spread on top into a shape like a tube
* * *Swiss roll,a sponge cake rolled up with a layer of jam or jelly; jellyroll.
* * *n. Brit. a jelly roll
* * *noun, pl ⋯ rolls [count, noncount]Brit : ↑jelly roll
* * *a thin flat cake that is spread with jam, etc. and rolled upSee also: ↑jelly roll
Useful english dictionary. 2012.